Double or whipping cream can be frozen in its whipped state. Spoon the whipped cream into a plastic container and label with the quantity of unwhipped cream. Defrost and use as required.
- 2 lemons
- 1 lemon jelly
- 150 ml water
- 1 (410 g /14.5 oz) can evaporated milk
- angelica to decorate
- Reserve 4 slices of lemon for decoration .
- Grate the rind from one lemon and extract the juice from both.
- Melt the jelly in the water over a gentle heat .
- Remove the pan from the heat , add the lemon rind and juice.
- Pour into a small bowl and leave to cool.
- Whisk the evaporated milk until thick and doubled in volume.
- Carefully fold in the jelly mixture and pour into a large glass dish .
- Chill for about an hour or until set.
- Decorate with the lemon slices and pieces of angelica.