Decadent coffee flavoured sponge finger biscuits with a hint of rum for a traditional Tiramisu flavour, putting a spin on this high fat dessert with a low in fat Strawberries and Cream filling!
- 200 ml strong coffee/espresso (or brew 2-3 teaspoons instant coffee powder/granules with 200ml boiling water)
- 1 tablespoon rum (scotch, brandy, Tia Maria or extract) — OPTIONAL
- 1 cup whole ripe strawberries,sliced, divided
- 8 oz (225 g) low fat or fat free cream cheese (or marscapone)
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar or natural sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 sponge/lady fingers halved
- 1 square 70% dark chocolate
- Cocoa powder (for dusting)
How To Prepare
Prepare coffee with rum (or alcohol of choice — if using) and set aside to allow to cool.
Combine 1/2 cup of the strawberries, cream cheese, sweetener/sugar and vanilla in a blender or magic bullet cup and pulse until creamy. Set aside.
Pour prepared coffee into a shallow bowl and soak sponge finger halves one by one on both sides until coffee has coated the biscuits. Line the base of four serving glasses with 2 halves of sponge fingers.
Divide half of the remaining strawberry slices between the serving glasses and layer them over the biscuits. Divide and pour half of the strawberry cream cheese mixture over the strawberries, and repeat layer with remaining sponge fingers, strawberries and top with cream cheese mixture.
Grate with dark chocolate over the top and dust with cocoa powder.