We present to your attention the traditional Italian «Panforte». It is not similar to any sweetness. This is neither a pie, nor a carrot, nor a candy, but something special. Take into account: the longer it will last, the more intense will be the taste and aroma.
List of ingredients
- almonds — 125 gr
- hazelnut — 125 gr
- figs — 100 gr
- dried apricots — 100 gr
- brown sugar — 100 gr
- wheat flour — 60 gr
- cocoa powder — 40 g
- ground cinnamon — 2 teaspoons
- lemon peel — 2 teaspoons
- ground ginger — 0.5 teaspoon
- honey — 200 gr
- powdered sugar — 40 gr
- Fry the hazelnut in a pan. Then put it on the towel. Strive to peel off the husk.
- Using a grater, on a large faction, grate the almonds.
- Cut into pieces dried fruit.
- Combine all the ingredients in a separate container and add the lemon zest.
- Mix the flour, spices and cocoa, mix thoroughly and send to the prepared mass.
- Using a saucepan, heat honey with sugar on low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour this syrup into nuts and dried fruits and mix well. The main thing is to do this process quickly, as the mass quickly freezes.
If you like to make desserts, try Apple Strudel, the recipe is here