This recipe suits more for the day off, however, if you prepare the dough and stuffing in the morning (it will take no more than 5-7 minutes), and in the evening involve your family members into the creative process, then the dinner will be ready for some half an hour.
Dim-sams are not the easiest dish, but rather nutritious, so 5-6 items will be enough even for an adult.
List of required products:
- wheat flour — 1 glass;
- corn or potato starch — 1 glass;
- very hot salted water — 1 glass;
- pork and ground beef, mixed in equal proportions — 400 g;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- soy sauce;
- oyster sauce;
- small ginger root;
- bunch of green onions;
- sesame oil.
Begin to cook
- Prepare the dough: stir in a bowl some flour with starch and pour inside very hot salted water. Carefully knead the received mass, pouring the flour if it is necessary until you get firm, supple dough. Turn it into a film and send it to the fridge for two hours.
- Finely chop the green onions, put aside half for sauce, and add half to the stuffing.Mix together 1 tbsp. of soy sauce (it will be better to use thick and rich taste), 1 tbsp. of oyster sauce, chopped garlic and ginger (it will be enough to use enough root half the size of the index finger). Pour the resulting sauce into minced meat, mix thoroughly and also send it to the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Roll out the dough into the sausage of medium thickness, cut into slices (like large dumplings).Roll each piece of dough into very thin rounds, put a tablespoon of meat filling into the center of the mug. You can stick dim sumas in any way you like, for example, in the form of small pies with patterned protection, in the form of khinkali or just create the «buds» from the dough, slightly twisting the tails.
- Put the ready dim-sams into a multi-cooker or a steamer. Do not forget to oil the bottom! On the free space between the dim sums you can put broccoli inflorescences, with Asian sauce they are also very tasty.
- Steam your dim-sams for 15 minutes after the water has boiled. While they are preparing, mix a simple sauce from 100 g of soy sauce, 2 tbsp. sesame oil and remaining green onions.
- Serve to the table and eat dim-sams immediately, while all the mouth-watering juice is inside. Serve them with sauce and green tea.
The dim-sams dough is very thin, almost transparent, and if you still serve a salad of fresh vegetables to them, then such a dinner can be considered healthy. And useful of course. Enjoy!