This unique recipe will help you to cook an unusual roulette with mackerel. You can surprise your family with a new dish. Follow my recipe and this dish can decorate your festive table!
Most often, mackerel is cooked in the oven, sometimes in a smokehouse. But many housewives learned a new recipe for cooking this fish. Roulette is very delicate, fragrant and delicious, so your children will be delighted also. Today we will consider a step-by-step recipe for cooking a boiled roulette with mackerel.
This fish has unique taste qualities that distinguish it from other kinds of fish. Mackerel is considered a fatty fish, but you need to use a little gelatin to prepare this dish. You can also add spices to the “jellied fish”, it will give the dish an extra flavor and help the roulette not to lose its shape (there is also gelatin there).
List of required products:
- 2 chicken eggs;
- fluffy pepper / salt;
- gelatin (or spices for jellied fish) — 20 grams;
- 1 mackerel;
- carrots — 2 pieces.
Begin to cook
- First we need mackerel. Take a sharp knife and clean the fish, remove the fins, bones, head and tail. You can leave the fish whole or cut it on a fillet. It does not matter; the step-by-step recipe does not change.
- Now it’s the turn of spices, salt and ground pepper. Sprinkle it on mackerel, you can add spices or salt to your taste. If you like spicy tastes, then you need to grind the bay leaf or garlic and add it to the spices.
- Take the carrots and wash. Then you need to weld it with a peel. When the carrots cook and cool, then clean it. Take a large grater and grate the carrots. Put the grated carrots on one part of the mackerel, evenly spreading it on the fish fillets.
- Cook the eggs and peel from the shell. Cut each egg in half and put on top of carrots.
- You need to put the second part of the mackerel on the eggs. Take food film and wrap it in it. Wrap the roulette with threads so that the fish does not fall apart during cooking. Puncture the roulette with a toothpick in several places to lock it.
- Take the pan and fill it with the water. Put the pan on the stove and boil the water. Put the roll in and cook it for 25 minutes.
- When the time runs out and the roulette is ready, then pull it out of the pan. Take a wide flat plate and put roulette on it so it cools down. When the roulette cools down, take a load or press and put it on the fish. Put the dish in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- This recipe can include pickled cucumbers. If you want to add it, then cut the cucumbers into thin rings and put them in the filling. The sour taste of pickled cucumbers will make your dish spicier. You can add melted cheese to make the fish tenderer. There are many options for this recipe, so try the fish and you decide what you need to add there next time.