Marinated lemongrass and chili give your fish a delightful flavor and wonderful taste. By the way in such a way you can cook not only carp, but any other fish: sea bass or dorado, for example.
List of required products
- 2 carp weighing approximately 300 grams each;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 3 stems of fresh lemongrass;
- 1 small red chili pepper;
- 1 tsp. of sugar;
- 1 tbsp. of fish sauce;
- 3 tbsp. unrefined peanut butter;
- chili for serving.
Begin to cook
- Fish should be gutted and the gills have to be removed. Clean the fish from scales, wash under running cold water and thoroughly dry with paper towels from the inside and outside.
- On the sides of the fish, make 2-3 shallow diagonal cuttings.
- In lemongrass remove the upper part of the stem, leaving about 8 cm of lower.Remove the dry outer leaves. Smash the stems of lemongrass with a strong blow of the cleaver (hit with he plane, not with the blade) or another heavy object. One of the stems is finely chopped and placed in a mortar.
- Peel the garlic, chop chili very finely. Put chili and garlic into a mortar to lemongrass. Add sugar and smash into a rough paste. Mix the contents of the mortar with fish sauce and butter. With the help of the obtained marinade cover your fish from all sides, putting marinade into all the cuttings.
- The two remaining stalks of lemongrass are placed in the abdomen of carp. Leave the fish marinated for 20 minutes. In the meantime, make the fire. — The coals should burn out and turn into white ashes. Fry the fish on charcoal, for about 7 minutes from each side. Serve the fish in whole, sprinkling with chili rounds.