Today we are going to offer you a recipe with an original combination of flavors — spicy hot fish with fresh pineapple sauce.
List of required products:
- 250 g fillet of sea white fish (cod, halibut, flounder, saithe)
- 1 egg;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 1 small onion;
- 1 small hot chili pepper;
- 1 tsp. curry powder;
- 1 tsp. fish sauce;
- pinch of dried thyme;
- a quarter of fresh coconut;
- vegetable oil for deep-frying;
- salt, freshly ground white pepper.
- 1 small ripe pineapple;
- 1 cm of fresh ginger root;
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar;
- juice and small lime peel;
- small bunch of cilantro;
- freshly ground black pepper.
Begin to cook
- For salsa cut the pineapple skin, clean it from the so-called «eyelets» .Cut the flesh along into four parts and cut out the hard core, cut the remaining pulp into small cubes.
- Drain the juice from the cut into a small bowl, add sugar, zest and lime juice.Stir thoroughly until the sugar is completely dissolved. Ginger is ground and added to the bowl together with juice.
- Take the cilantro leaves away from the stems and after that cut the stems very finely. Mix the chopped pineapples and cilantro stems, pour juice with sugar and ginger, season with black pepper to taste. Close and fridge for 30 minutes.
- For croquettes preparation cut the fish very finely or put it through a meat grinder.
- Onions, garlic and chili are also very finely chopped. If you do not want to have very spicy croquettes, you should remove all the seeds from the chili. Mix the fish with onion, garlic, chili, curry and thyme.
- Peel the coconut from the brown hard peel. You can do it easily with a knife, used for vegetable cleaning. The coconut pulp should be ground. You can do it with the help of a small or large grater. In this case it is up to you to decide what quality and appearance product to have. Add the coconut and fish sauce in the minced meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- With the help of the wet hands roll minced 8-10 balls from the minced meat. Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 160-180 ° C. Fry croquettes in portions on all sides until golden brown hint appearance. As a rule, it takes no longer than 2-3 minutes. Take them out with the help of the skimmer and lay paper towels and let the excess fat drain. You will need 1 minute for this.
- Serve immediately with cold pineapple salsa, sprinkled with cilantro leaves.