Stuffed fish is a frequent thing on a festive table. But very few people know that such a dish was prepared very long ago all around the Europe. However, those recipes were quite different from ones known to us at present. Today we are going to give you a recipe, which has been preserved in old culinary books. The fish stuffed with buckwheat sounds perfectly well.
The taste of such a fish is amazing! We highly recommend everyone to try it.
What products to take
- 40 g of wheat flour;
- 1 kg — fish (whole);
- 2 onions;
- 150 g — buckwheat;
- 120 ml of vegetable oil;
- 300 ml — sour cream;
- 3 eggs;
- to taste — spices;
Begin to cook
- We take fish (for example, perch, pike or crucial carp), cut off the fins and head, cleanse the viscera, but do not cut the abdomen.
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water and then dry.
- Season with spices and salt.
- Boil buckwheat in salted water until it becomes cooked.
- On the heated vegetable oil, fry the onion, which is pre-chopped finely before.
- Boil the eggs, cut into medium pieces.
- Add the onions and eggs to the buckwheat porridge, add the spices to taste and mix everything.
- We fill the fish with this stuffing.
- Then gently crumble in flour and place on a frying pan with oil, where the onion was previously roasted.
- Fry from two sides to half prepared condition, put into a roasting dish.
- Pour the sour cream, put in an oven preheated up to 200 degrees.
- Bake until the fish is ready. As a rule, it takes about 15 minutes.
Serve the stuffed fish, pouring with the sauce formed when it was being baked .The fish has a perfect flavor! You will be amazed by its delicious taste! Enjoy your meal!