This dish is considered to be rather tasty in fact. But this is not its singular peculiar feature. You see, ginger pie with salmon is rather nutritious and a perfect idea for picnics and family gatherings.
Mind that it is recommended to start cooking 6-10 hours before serving.
List of required products:
- 400 g of puff pastry;
- 800 g of salmon fillets;
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter;
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice;
- 3 sprigs of thyme;
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine;
- a handful of peeled roasted almonds;
- 10-12 shredded slices of finished pickled ginger;
- salt, pepper;
- 1 egg for covering.
Begin to cook
- Marinate the fish by cutting into 4 thin pieces. You should do it in a mixture of butter, lime juice, half a thyme leaf, wine, salt and pepper. Cover with a film and leave the fish in the fridge for at least 4 hours. However, we recommend you to do it preferably for 8 hours or at night.
- Then roll out of the dough into two rectangles, one of which («cover») is bigger than the other. Put a smaller sheet on a baking tray, on top of it lay two pieces of salmon, place the slices of ginger on the fish, sprinkle the remaining thyme and chopped almonds from above. Then lay out the second layer of fish.
- Cover the cake with a «cover», stick the dough from all sides and cover it with a whisked egg. Bake in the oven at 190 ° C until the golden brown hint. As a rule, it takes about 35-45 minutes.
A small tip from experienced cooks
If you are able to find, buy for this pie ready almonds, which have been sliced into thin plates.
Marinated ginger is sold in Asian supermarket departments, in the same place where everything is for sushi and rolls. It is really rather convenient for those, who are going to cook something special. If you want, you can add 2 cm of fresh ginger root to the cake instead of pickled one, chopping it with a knife or rubbing it on a small grater.
Some notes for you
You can be sure that salmon is the most European fish and requires a couple of dill, butter and white bread … until you try this Asian style cake.