Dishes from flounder are really appreciated: the fish is moderately fat, there are few bones, and the meat is surprisingly tasty.
Prepared in the oven flounder turns to be juicy and useful for our health. A fine dish diversifies the everyday menu and becomes a real decoration of the festive table. Flounder with vegetables is suitable for children’s menus either.
List of requested products:
- 4 flounder;
- 2 heads of onions;
- one small zucchini;
- 100 grams of homemade mayonnaise or sour cream;
- one and a half teaspoons of salt;
- half teaspoon of seasonings for fish;
- 2 pinches of black ground pepper;
- two tablespoons of sunflower oil without any flavor.
Begin to cook
- Flounder (if it is frozen, please, pre-defrost before) should be cleaned and washed. Cut fins, tail and head. Cut into portion pieces, which should be large enough.
- A small tip for you. The experienced cooks advise to prepare flounder with skin, but if you do not like its taste, you may scale the fish, of course. Or prepare a double version: with and without skin.
- Put fish into a deep place, add salt and favorite spices, and stir it with our hands. We leave the fish for a while, as it should marinate and soak with the flavor of spices.
- At this time we will prepare vegetables. We peel the onion from the husks and cut into thin semi-rings.
- The young zucchini (with small seeds) is washed and peeled. After that we have to remove the tails and cut into rings (about 5 millimeters thick).
- A small tip for you. If the skins of zucchini are soft, you can not peel it.
- Ripe juicy tomatoes cut into small pieces.
- The form or a deep baking sheet is covered with sunflower oil, then we spread out the pieces of prepared fish and sprinkle them with onions.
- We spread tomatoes on the onions, covering all the zucchini.
- Vegetables should be salt a bit, covered with sour cream or homemade mayonnaise (see the recipe for its preparation on our website).
- We send the baking sheet with into a preheated up to 200 degrees Celsius oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve fish together with a side dish of rice or mashed potatoes. How to cook a garnish with a delicious potato soufflé and cheese look on our website.