Serves: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (depends on your heat preference)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and lemon zest; cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add in the lemon juice and parsley then serve.