Inn general in such a way it is possible to prepare any marine fish without bones weighing 400-500 g. Some people take a large perch, others give preference to gilt head.
But in accordance with specialists’ points of view, sea bass is suitable and even perfect for such a steaming. Another advantage is that, unlike many Asian products, it’s easy to find it on the markets and it doesn’t cost much.
List of required products:
- 1 seabass weighing 400-500 g;
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice;
- 1/2 cup shrimp or chicken broth;
- 2-5 small hot chili peppers; 5 cloves garlic;
- 2 stalks of green onions (only white part);
- 5 tbsp. fish or light soy sauce;
- lime for decoration.
Begin to cook
- Peel the fish from the scales and remove the entrails. Rinse the fish from the inside and outside, carefully dry and make 4 rather deep diagonal cuttings on the sides.
- Chop chili peppers very finely or even rub them into paste. Mix chili with broth, add fish (soy) sauce and lime juice.
- Garlic is crushed slightly and cleaned. The white part of the green onion is very thinly cut along to make strips the size of a match.
- Pour cold water into the steamer. Put the fish into a steamer and mind that it should lie on a solid support, a plate, a piece of foil or dense leaves. That is done in order not to allow the sauce to drain into water.
- Once again mix the hot dressing and pour it on the fish.
- Put the crushed garlic cloves over the fish, sprinkle with onion strips. Close the steamer with a lid.
- Turn the steamer on (or turn on a strong fire under it).After the water boils, cook the fish for about 13 minutes.
- Very carefully remove the fish from the steamer, decorate it with thin lime circles and serve immediately, while it is still very hot.
By the way
If you decide to cook smaller fish, but serve one-by-one for each guest, then remember that smaller fish are preparing faster. For fish weighing 200 g, 7 minutes will be quite enough.