- 2 bananas
- 2 dessert apples
- 2 oranges
- 225 g black grapes
- 100 g seedless grapes
- 150 ml apple juice
- 25 g butter
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, quartered
1. Peel and slice the bananas .
2. Core and slice the apples.
3. Peel the oranges, remove the pith and cut oranges into segments.
4. Halve the black grapes and remove the pips.
5. Put all the fruit in a bowl with the apple juice.
6. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a gentle heat.
7. Add hep spices and honey and mix thoroughly, warming through.
8. Add the fruit salad mixture and the lemon and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Remove the lemon and serve the fruit salad immediately with clotted or double cream.