This is an excellent breakfast, lunch and snack recipe.
These potato cakes get out very tasty and lush. In appearance, they resemble cheesecakes, but without a strong groove for the filling. An obligatory part of these cakes is a filling that can be made from curd, sour-cream, potato or porridge. In our case, it will be potato. In any case these cakes will always be delicious. This version of unsweetened baking takes a worthy place in your favorite children’s menu.
List of required ingredients
- 160 g of wheat flour
- 9 g of yeast
- 20 g of butter
- 8 g of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 g of potatoes
- 50 ml of milk
- 15 g of sour cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 65 ml of water
- 20 ml of vegetable oil, can be replaced with creamy
Begin to cook
- Firstly, dilute pressed yeast in 50 ml of warm water. The temperature should not be more than 40 degrees. Then filter.
- Pour a mixture of milk and water, warmed up to 30 degrees, in a separate bowl. Stir the filtered yeast, salt and sugar immediately. Then beat in the egg.
- Then add the flour, sifting through a sieve. Knead the dough for 7-9 minutes.Add melted butter or vegetable oil in this process. Knead until the dough gets a smooth structure.
- Then cover it with a lid and leave in a warm place. It should increase 2 times. At the same time, it must be kneaded twice in order to be released from carbon dioxide.
- Put the finished dough to a wooden surface, which was previously sprinkled with flour. Roll out a long bundle, divide it into balls weighing 40 grams and put them on a warm baking tray, which was previously oiled. Leave for half an hour.
- Prepare the filling. Boil potatoes, salt them. Then drain the water and mash potatoes. The remaining egg is divided into 2 parts. Add half of the egg, hot butter and boiling milk in the prepared vegetables. Stir thoroughly so as the protein not to boil.
- This potato mass is laid out on the dough, covering the entire surface. Then leave for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the sour cream with the second half of the egg. After that lubricate the potatoes` surface with this mixture.
- Heat the oven to 240 degrees and place your cakes there for 10 minutes until golden-cream crust.
- Cover the finished treats with butter.