Today we propose you to prepare a chicken breast with spinach and cream cheese. The dish will be cooked in the oven bag.
In this case the meat turns out to be very tender, and the cream cheese makes it juicy enough. In addition, we can’t but mention that the poultry meat is perfectly combined with spinach. We recommend you to serve it with delicious pasta or flavored rice. By the way, we should mention that chicken breast has become one of the most popular dishes among lovers of healthy food for a long time.
Unfortunately, many amateur cooks are faced with the fact that after baking the chicken becomes dry and fresh. Thanks to this recipe, the chicken breast not only remains juicy and appetizing, but it becomes even more tasty and useful for our health.
List of required products:
- 800 grams of chicken fillet;
- 150 grams of cottage cheese;
- 50 grams of suluguni cheese (or any hard cheese you like);
- one clove of garlic;
- 20 grams of butter;
- 50 grams of spinach (you can use any other greens);
- salt and spices for chicken — to taste;
- one tablespoon of sour cream;
- one tablespoon of sunflower or olive oil without a smell;
- half a fresh lemon;
- half a teaspoon of the prepared mustard;
- one tablespoon of honey.
Begin to cook
- Cottage cheese of any fat content and any consistency is put into a bowl, mushed carefully with a fork (you can also use a blender).
- Add a small piece of soft butter to the cottage cheese (it must be taken from the fridge in advance) and a clove of garlic passed through the press.
- Thoroughly mix everything: you can use a masher for potatoes.
- We rub the hard cheese or suluguni on a fine grater in order to get the so called cottage cheese mass.
- The spinach should be sprinkled with boiling water and chopped finely after that. Then send it to cottage cheese.If you use the greens of dill or parsley, then do not use boiling water for them. The filling is ready.
- Take the chicken fillet, create a so-called pocket by making a cutting with a sharp knife from the side of the thickest part of the meat.
- We take half a lemon and, squeezing out the juice from it, we will sprinkle the fillets well. Don’t forget to do it from the both sides and inside the pocket.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and the special spices for the chicken: from all sides.We rub our chicken with hands carefully. — You see, the spices should absorb into the meat.
- With the help of a tablespoon we put the filling into the pockets, tamping everything carefully.We close the pockets with toothpicks.
- Into a bowl put one tablespoon of fatty sour cream, add half a teaspoon of ready-made mustard, spices for chicken (to your own taste) and one tablespoon of vegetable oil. Everything should be mixed carefully.
- Here is a small tip for you. The pieces of advice, how to make a delicious and flavored homemade mustard can be seen on our website.
- With the resulting sauce, cover the breasts from all sides and leave to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- We take the oven bag, put the breasts into it, we tie it from two sides.
- We send the baking tray with the breasts to the oven, heated up to 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- We take the oven bag with the meat from the oven and cut it. Mix in a small bowl a tablespoon of honey with a small amount of juice from the bag, mix and pour the breasts with the resulting sauce.
- We send the baking tray with the meat to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Hot meat is cut into portions, sprinkled with the juice and served on a dinner table with rice or pasta.
- The cooled meat, beautifully sliced and decorated with greenery and fresh vegetables, will look great on the festive table.