This simple baked tofu is a versatile plant-based protein that can be added to wraps, pastas, salads, sandwiches or stir fries.
Recipe by Chad Sarno
Cooking time: 60minutes
- 2 blocks tofu, extra firm
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoons onion granules or other spices of choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How To Prepare
- To bake the tofu, preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
- Press the tofu gently between paper towels by hand to allow the excess moisture to be released from it. This will cut down on baking time. Cut each block into 8 slices.
- On a plate, cover the tofu slabs with the tamari. Spray a sheet pan with spray oil or line with parchment paper. Sprinkle with onion granules, or other spices if using. Place the slabs on lightly oiled sheet pan, or parchment and bake for about 45-60 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time. Remove and allow to cool.
Once you’ve nailed this basic «formula», experiment with different herbs and seasonings to keep things fresh and exciting.