Initially, this is a Filipino dish. In such a way the locals of the exotic islands prepare small and delicate local eggplant. However, as practice has shown, any eggplants can be prepared in such a way.
The dish is considered to be rather simple. It is said that even the beginner can cope with this process.
List of required products:
- 4 small elongated eggplants with «tails»;
- 4 eggs;
- vegetable oil;
- chili flakes;
- salt, freshly ground black pepper;
- hot chili sauce for serving.
Begin to cook
- Fry the eggplants under the grill, on charcoal or directly on the burner (gas or electric). Mind that their skin should be burnt completely. For 5 minutes put them a package, then peel off the skin, keeping the tails. Put them on a flat surface and very carefully so that the eggplants do not fall apart, press them with a fork in several places. You see, the eggplants should take a flat shape.
- Whisk the eggs with salt, black pepper and chili. In a large frying pan, heat the oil with a layer of 5 mm.
- Take each eggplant for the tail and carefully lower it into the egg mixture. Place eggplants in hot oil and fry for about 2.5 minutes from each side. Serve this dish hot with spicy sauce.
- You can decorate your eggplants in eggs in a way you like. As a rule, cooks use greenery for this purpose.