Rice, in this case, of course, should be a side dish. However, it turns out so nutritious, friable, flavored and fragrant, that it can quite become the main dish and without a meat addition.
List of required products:
- long grain rice — 500 g;
- frozen vegetable mixture — 400 g;
- egg — 1 item;
- red onion — 1/2 item;
- fresh garlic — 2 cloves;
- Chili pepper — 1 pod;
- ground chili or dry chili — to taste;
- soy sauce — to taste;
- sesame or olive oil — 2 tbsp.;
- green onion — 1/2 bunch.
Begin to cook
- Rice, without rinsing, is steamed. So it will be simultaneously stickier and at the same time more crumbly, no matter how paradoxical it may sound. This gives satiety to the dish. If there is no possibility to cook on steam, cook in an ordinary way — in boiling water cook until it is almost ready. Whisk the prepared rice and cool it
- In a wok or on a frying pan with olive or sesame oil fry finely chopped onion, garlic, chopped with press or cut finely, as well as chili pepper. If you want some rice, which is not so spicy, cut the chili in half and remove all the seeds with a knife. And do not add dry and ground chili.
- Into the frying pan add the frozen vegetable mixture. Take the one where it says «Asian», or the one where the peas, corn and broccoli are present. If there is no such mixture, be sure to take peas and broccoli. We like it when there is also Bulgarian pepper, as it is bright and juicy, which positively affects the dish. Stew until they are cooked, then fry until the moisture evaporates completely.
- Into the fried vegetables you should lay the rice and stirring well, fry carefully. Into the same frying pan add a raw egg and, stirring well, achieve its full preparation. This takes about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce to taste.
- Rinse and dry the green onions well, cut into large pieces, add some during the frying, and leave the remaining things to sprinkle your rice during the serving. Serve hot as an independent dish or garnish for Asian style meat dishes.
Helpful advice for you
If you like something spicier, during the roasting of vegetables heat the chopped dry chili with the seeds in the oil. It will be insanely hot! All in all the dish will be perfect even for lunch for children on condition of cooking without pepper.
Some notes for you
When you are dealing with any kind of chili pepper, don’t forget to wash the breadboard as well as your hands carefully. The hands are usually washed 2 times and with soap. And in no event do not touch the mucous membrane.