In the hot and humid climates of Asia various harmful bacteria multiply very quickly, and that is an explanation why there the vinegar is so popular nowadays. In many Asian countries fresh vegetables are not eaten at all. They are consumed cooked: fried, steamed or like these: pickled. You can serve them as a snack together with other vegetable dishes or as a garnish to rice or noodles.
List of required products:
- 1 large long cucumber;
- 1 small daikon root;
- 1 large carrot;
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper;
- 1 large red onion;
- 1 large head of garlic;
- 1 medium red chili pepper;
- 1/2 cup rice or white wine vinegar;
- 2 tsp. of sugar;
- a quarter of cinnamon sticks;
- by a pinch of saffron filaments and cardamom grains;
- 5-6 buds of a cloves;
- 2 tsp. sea salt.
Begin to cook
- Daikon and carrots are cleaned, peeled and cut into large strips. In the same way it is necessary to cut the cucumber. The sweet pepper should be cleaned from the seeds.
- Cut the onion with medium feathers, peel the garlic and clean it.Chili is cut into rings. Put all the vegetables in a container with a lid.
- For the marinade preparation mix 1/3 cup water, vinegar, salt, sugar and all spices, heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the vegetables with marinade, mix thoroughly, close the bowl with a film and put into the fridge for 5-6 hours. From time to time, the contents of the bowl should be mixed and stirred.
- Before serving, dry the vegetables from the marinade.
Some notes for you
If you do not like and don’t use pickling in vinegar, cook such vegetables in lime juice — just increase its amount by half and do not mix with water.