A simple cake-like brownie-like oatmeal porridge to start your morning that tastes like Nutella — without the guilt! So, this is the healthy version. But! If you don’t care much about calories and you’re looking for a REAL Nutella guilty pleasure for breakfast (or dessert), Nutella Hot Chocolate Oatmeal will make ALL of your dreams come true. Pure Nutella.
- 1/2 cup (about 50g | 1.7oz) quick oats (rolled oats are fine)
- 1 heaping tablespoon (7g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons organic hazelnut extract (adjust to your tastes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup extra unsweetened almond milk: for extra cream-y-ness(optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon (2 whole) crushed hazelnuts
How To Prepare
Place all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer gently until all the liquid has absorbed. Add the extra milk if needed.
Alternatively, cook in a microwave for 1:30 minutes. Stir and microwave again for a further 30 seconds until cooked through.
Top with crushed hazelnuts and extra milk if needed.