Stuffed onions can be safely referred to the category of unusual dishes, as this vegetable often goes for roasting, and not as a basis for stuffing. However, if you try to cook it this way, you will be pleasantly surprised. Moreover, it turns out to have many vitamins and is very useful.
List of ingredients:
• White onion (small, in husks) — 12 pcs.
• Garlic (finely chopped) — 1 tooth
• Olive oil — 2 tablespoons
• Red pepper (chopped) — 2 pieces
• Sliced tomato (remove seeds) — 1 piece
• Bread crumbs (fresh) — 75 gr
• Grated cheddar — 75 gr
• Ground black pepper
• Black olives (finely chopped) — 50 gr
• Sage leaf (cut into strips) — 4 pcs.
• Grated Parmesan — 25 gr
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Put onions in boiling water to boil for 10 minutes. Afterwards, put them in a colander and cool it. Cut the tops, leaving about three quarters of the bulb. Remove the cores and set aside for now. Put the puffed meat and combine it with garlic.
3. Take a large frying pan and reheat the oil in it. Put pepper, tomato, onion and garlic there until they get soft. Then remove from the fire.
4. Combine bread crumbs with cheddar, salt and pepper. Then add to the prepared vegetables, also add olives and sage. Mix it well. The filling is ready.
5. Stuff these bulbs and place them in a baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 25 minutes.