— The idea is to serve guacamole along with pico de gallo (salsa made with tomatoes). So no tomatoes in the guacamole makes sense, doesn’t it? We absolutely love our Mexican fusion creations in this home and charred corn and black beans are staples on those nights.
- ½ x 400 g tin of black beans
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ a small red onion
- ½ a bunch of coriander
- 25 g mixed seeds
- vegetable crudités and seeded crispbreads , to serve
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Drain the black beans, then add them to the hot pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the beans are crisp and begin to pop.
- Peel and destone the avocados, then smash in a bowl and squeeze in the lime juice.
- Finely chop the tomato, peel and finely chop the garlic and onion, then finely chop the coriander. Add all this to the avocado, mix well and season to taste.
- Spread the guacamole over a serving plate and sprinkle over the popped beans and mixed seeds.
- Serve with crunchy veggies and seeded crispbreads on the side for dipping.