This recipe is proof that vegetables don’t have to be boring! A splash of pomegranate juice is a great way to add a flavorful and healthy twist.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 ½ lb sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cubed
- In a non-stick high-sided skillet (chicken fryer), add oil and heat over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, onion, salt, pepper and rosemary to the skillet.
- Cook for 6 minutes, carefully stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the pomegranate juice, honey and balsamic vinegar to the skillet.
- Let the liquid simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been evaporated/ absorbed and the remaining liquid has thickened.
- Top with pomegranate arils once removed from the heat.