We have checked that all ordinary and lazy cabbage rolls from all other recipes take approximately the same amount of time for their preparation.
So we have invented for ourselves the laziest lazy cabbage rolls. You shouldn’t form cutlets from minced meat and rice, shouldn’t wrap minced meat in cabbage leaves. That is why you will need less time for cooking. Despite this fact the taste is really perfect and, of course, not worse than the traditional one’s. Minced meat, cabbage and flavored filling, it’s just a miracle.
List of required products:
- one kilogram of young cabbage;
- 500 grams of any minced meat;
- 180 grams of dry rice;
- 800 milliliters of tomato juice;
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream;
- a small bunch of green onions;
- one large carrot;
- one large onion;
- one sweet Bulgarian paprika;
- greens of dill and parsley — to taste;
- salt and black ground pepper — to your own taste;
- odorless vegetable oil.
Begin to cook
- Rice should be thoroughly washed in several waters and poured with 300 milliliters of water. After that don’t forget to add a little salt and boil until half ready.
- Young cabbage is thinly shredded and put into a bowl. Salt is added. We press cabbage with our hands, so that it becomes softer and let the juice go. If you do not have new cabbage, then you need to fry it a little in a frying pan with onions and carrots.
- Peeled and washed carrots are cut into thin rings.
- We clean the onions from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- Into the frying pan you should pour so refined sunflower oil, put the onion and fry it until it becomes soft.
- Then we put carrots into a frying pan and onions, fry until they are half cooked.
- Fried vegetables are transferred into a bowl with cabbage.
- We remove all the seeds and stems from the sweet Bulgarian paprika, cut the vegetables into small cubes, send to the rest of the components.
- The feathers of the green onions are shaken off from excess moisture and are cut.
- Dill and parsley are cut carefully with a knife and sent into a bowl. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed with a spoon.
- Minced meat (we have a mixture of pork and beef) is put in a separate bowl. After that add the rice, cooked to half-ready condition. Salt and pepper to taste, mix.
- Take a deep mold for baking, put there half the vegetable mixture and level everything carefully.
- Over the vegetables, lay out all the minced meat with rice and cover with the remaining vegetables.
- We prepare the pouring: in a bowl we pour tomato juice (we have had a home-made juice), add sour cream to it and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the obtained mixture onto the cabbage rolls in the mold.
- Cover the baking tray with foil, send it to the oven heated up to 220 degrees for 40 minutes.
- In 40 minutes we remove the foil and leave the cabbage leaves for another 10 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- Finished cabbage rolls are cut into portions, sprinkled with herbs and served on the table.
In fact there are a lot of cabbage recipes. Look them up and choose something special to your own taste. In our turn we recommend you to pay attention to the delicate dietary cabbage rolls and delicious dolma with grape leaves.