As a rule, potatoes with meat in a pot are prepared quite simply and quickly.
But the dishes in the pot are always distinguished by their excellent taste. They always turn out to be very tasty, appetizing and beautiful: there is hardly anyone who refuses to try them. In many families this dish is one of the most favorite ones. Potatoes can be served by laying on a plate, or you can serve them just in the pots. The whole family will gather in the kitchen because of the flavor reduced by potatoes with meat.
List of required products:
- 600 grams of beef or pork;
- 800 grams of potatoes;
- 100 grams of sour cream with 20% fat content;
- one onion;
- one medium-sized carrot;
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- a third of a teaspoon of meat seasoning;
- one bay leaf;
- two cloves of garlic;
- black ground pepper — to taste;
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil — for frying.
Begin to cook
- The beef or pork fillet is cut into pieces of about three centimeters in size.
- Into the frying pan pour a little vegetable oil without a smell and lay out the meat. Stew, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid evaporates from the meat.
- One large onion is peeled from the husks and cut into thin semi-rings.
- Peel the carrots on a large grater.
- Shredded onions and carrots are put shipped in a frying pan with meat, stew all together for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add seasoning for meat, salt your dish and pour water. The amount of water depends on the amount of meat. It should cover the meat a little more than half.
- Add the bay leaf, black pepper to taste and mix carefully.
- Close the frying pan with a lid, reduce heat and stew for 40-50 minutes — until meat is ready.
- Then open the lid, add 100 grams of fatty sour cream and stew for 2-3 minutes more.
- Potatoes are cleaned, carefully washed and cut into the same cubes as meat. We put it into a saucepan, we send the stewed meat into it.
- Add some more salt and slices of garlic. We mix everything well and put it into pots.
- This amount of food is enough for three pots with a volume of 500 milliliters.
- In each pot, pour 70-80 milliliters of water, close the lids and put in a cold oven.
- Turn the oven on for 220 degrees and cook for 50-60 minutes: until the potato is ready.
- We serve potatoes with wonderful crispy pickled cucumbers, the recipe of which is on our website.