This recipe for baked meat was very popular, but it is considered to be quite old. In fact it is difficult to believe, but it was occasionally found in a culinary book dated 1570. Baked meat in the dough is delicious, so we highly recommend preparing it for a holiday table. You will be delighted.
For its preparation, you need some beef or pork. The fact is that this is worthy of highest praise!
What products to take
- 300 grams — shortcake;
- 600 grams of ham;
- 100 g — butter;
- 250 grams — lean meat;
- ½ tbsp. — chopped nutmeg;
- 1 glass — red dry wine;
- ½ tsp. — cinnamon;
- to taste — black pepper;
Begin to cook
- We pour the required wine into a saucepan, put it on the fire.
- Add all the spices listed above.
- As soon as the wine begins to boil, put into it a piece of ham.
- Salt to taste, boil for half an hour, removing the foam during the process.
- We take out the meat, dry it, cover it with black pepper on all sides.
- Take the frying pan and warm up some butter on it. Fry the ham on each side, sprinkling with wine and spices.
- We leave it to cool.
- Roll out the thinly layered dough into two layers, put into a baking dish into one layer. Don’t forget to oil the mold.
- We put slices of lean meat into it.
- Then we arrange there the ham.
- We pour inside the oil on which the ham has been roasted.
- Cover everything with the layer of dough and stick the edges.
- We put everything into in the oven, which preheated up to 180 degrees.
- Bake until it will get golden brown crust.
Such baked meat turns out to be incredibly juicy and awesome flavored. Enjoy your meal!