Beef in oyster sauce is a typical dish for Southeast Asia. Of course, it would be better to cook it in the wok, observing at the same time all the rules. Don’t forget that finely chopped meat and vegetables should be fried quickly on a high fire.
Inflorescences of broccoli are particularly good, when they are crispy and have a bright shade. The oyster sauce appearing in the recipe resembles soy, but it is much more saturated to taste. They make it from oyster extract, starch and sugar: the Chinese mistresses make it for themselves, but it’s easier to buy ready-made, of course.
List of required products:
- 400 g beef fillet;
- 1 tsp. light soy sauce;
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce;
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar;
- 1 tsp. cornstarch;
- 1 sweet green pepper;
- 50 ml chicken broth;
- 60 ml oyster sauce;
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- 100 grams of medium egg noodles;
- 1 red onion;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 small chili pepper;
- 3 tbsp. sweet chili sauce;
- juice from 1 lime;
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar;
- handful of salted cashew;
- handful of cilantro and mint leaves;
- vegetable oil.
Begin to cook
- Beef is cut into thin slices of 5 cm long.Put them into a bowl, add both soy sauce, vinegar and starch. Stir and leave for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the noodles according to the instructions, given on the package, put them in a colander and cool with cold water.Onion and garlic are peeled and chopped thinly, pepper is washed and cut into rings after removing the seeds.
- Preheat in a frying pan wok 1 tbsp. oil, fry onion, garlic and hot pepper for 1,5 min.Add lime juice, sugar and sweet chili sauce. Put the noodles and cook over high heat, stirring for 1 minute. Remove it from heat, cover and leave in a warm place. Before serving sprinkle with peanuts and leaves of cilantro and mint.
- Green pepper is washed and cut into strips. Don’t forget to remove the core before.Remove the meat from the marinade. Marinade should be left. Preheat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan; put the meat and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Put everything on paper towels.
- Add in the same pan another 1 tbsp. oil and fry strips of pepper for 2 min.Put on paper towels.
- Preheat a clean frying pan, add broth and oyster sauce. Bring to a boiling condition.Add the stored marinade, cook for 2 minutes. Put pieces of meat and pepper, mix thoroughly. Serve with noodles.
By the way
Beef should be cut across the fibers. Then when cooking it will turn out very soft and gentle.