- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots , chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 225 g/ 8 oz chicken livers , diced
- 225 g/ oz long grain rice
- 600 ml/1 pint chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped watercress to garnish
(Cooking time: 30 minutes, serves 4, calories: 330 per person)
1. In a large frying pan, fry the onion, pepper and carrot in the oil for 5 minutes until soft. Add the chicken livers and cook for a few minutes until browned.
2. Add the rice, stock and seasoning.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked.
4. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped watercress.