Crispy fried pork chops are on the menu tonight! Thinly sliced pork chops are coated in a flavorful buttermilk mixture and dredging seasonings, and then fried in oil. You’re gonna love these!
Cooking time: 20minutes
Preparation time: 15minutes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce optional
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
How To Prepare
Season pork chops with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
Pour buttermilk and hot sauce into a 9×13 pan and stir to combine. Submerge seasoned pork chops into buttermilk mixture and set aside. Refrigerate up to 6 hours, or use right away.
In another shallow bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons salt, paprika, 1 teaspoon black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Working one at a time, remove pork chops from buttermilk mixture. Shake it gently to remove the excess. Place it in the dredging mixture and coat thoroughly. Tap off the excess.
Place the breaded chops into the 350 degree oil. Fry 2 to 3 chops at a time. The meat will drop the temperature of the oil so keep it as close to 350 degrees as possible. Fry each piece for 4 to 5 minutes, per side, until golden brown and pork is cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Remove from the oil and place on paper towels. Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Simple Milk Gravy Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, whisk in flour and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk and bring to a simmer. As it heats, the liquid will thicken. Once the gravy has thickened, season with salt and pepper to taste.