Meat rolls are prepared both from whole pieces of meat, as well as from minced meat.
Being different from ordinary meat dishes, they look quite impressive and have a pleasant taste, thanks to the filling. By the way, the ingredients for the fillings can be used quite different, for example: eggs, mushrooms, prunes, dried apricots, cheese and much more. We suggest you to try to cook a meatloaf according to one of our recipes: from a mixed minced meat with greens. These cutlets baked in the oven, are very delicious, with a crusty crust and incredibly juicy filling.
List of required products:
- 800 grams of chicken breast fillet;
- 400 grams of pork;
- 250 grams of onions;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 120 grams of white bread (you can take loaf) + 200 milliliters of milk;
- one fresh chicken egg;
- one bunch of parsley and cilantro;
- 80 grams of butter;
- salt, black pepper and coriander — to taste;
- for breading: crushed oat flakes, flour or bread crumbs;
- vegetable oil for covering the baking tray.
Begin to cook
- We put the meat through a meat grinder, combine pork and chicken in a deep bowl.
- White bread or a loaf (together with a crust) we grind in a blender and fill it with milk.
- Into the minced meat, we add pressed garlic cloves and bread soaked in milk.
- Onions are peeled off the husk, finely chopped with a knife or crushed in a blender.It would be better not to use a meat grinder in this case, as all the juice will go away.
- We shift the onion into minced meat and beat there one fresh chicken egg.
- Salt and pepper to your own taste and add your favorite spices.Everything should be mixed carefully. Then we beat it well. If the minced meat has turned out not dense, it is better to add 2-3 table spoons of semolina.
- A bowl with minced meat is covered with a lid and sent to the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After this time we take the minced meat out and start to form cutlets.
- For the filling, parsley and cilantro should be chopped very finely and folded into a small bowl. Add a very soft butter into it.Mash everything thoroughly with a fork until the smooth condition.
- The baking tray is covered with baking paper and covered with vegetable oil. Instead of oil you can use non-stick emulsion, the recipe of which is on our website.
- The table is covered with food film, under it we put a small rectangle of cardboard (to make the cutlets of the same shape). We take a full tablespoon of minced meat, put it on film and make a rectangle (like a cardboard).
- Over the minced meat it is recommended to put a teaspoon of fillings from the greens. Distribute it. Turn the meat into a roll, helping yourself with a film.
- We drop the cutlets in crushed oat flakes (you can use flour or breadcrumbs instead), put them on a baking sheet.
- In the case you have too many cutlets, they can be frozen «for future use».
- We send the form with cutlets into the oven, heated up to 200 degrees, for 20-25 minutes.
They are especially tasty with flavored potatoes