As it is known quite well, in the olden days our ancestors hunted much. Therefore, quite often on the table they had various dishes from game, especially from a hare. It was stewed, roasted, baked in pieces and whole, and also cooked in the form of delicious cutlets.
Today we suggest you to cook such delicious cutlets from a rabbit or a hare according to an Old Russian recipe. Well, in the case like this, ordinary rabbit is quite suitable as a replacement, if you do not get a hare in the shop.
What products to take
- 3 tbsp. — butter;
- 1 — the big hare (rabbit);
- 2 eggs;
- 4 tbsp. — lemon juice;
- to taste — a mixture of peppers;
- for frying — vegetable oil;
- for crumbling — bread crumbs.
Begin to cook
- Rinse the cleaned carcass of the hare with the cold water.
- Take the fillet, then cut into pieces and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Season to taste with a mixture of peppers and salt, add butter, mix everything. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- We twist it through a meat grinder and after that kneed it carefully.
- We warm up the oil on the frying pan.
- We are forming our future cutlets.
- We whisk the eggs.
- Put the cutlets into eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in oil until they become cooked. Of course, you have to do it on both sides.
In the old days, when preparing such cutlets, garlic, bread, onions were not added. People were sure that in such a way they would spoil the taste of meat. In addition, it was customary to pour them with beetroot sauce.