This inexpensive and quick recipe contains ingredients that complement each other.
- about 600 g sausages or sausage meat
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 can baked beans
- about 1/2 cup water
- pinch dried sage or thyme
- Brown the sausages or pieces of sausage meat in a pan, then remove, and cook the apple and onion in the pan until tender and lightly browned.
- Slice sausages and replace in pan with the baked beans and water.
- Add a pinch of sage or thyme, simmer for 10 minutes, then adjust seasonings, thin with more water if necessary, and serve on rice.
Add a second can of baked beans to the pan if you are feeding people with large appetites!