Everyone thinks that Italian cuisine is mostly pasta. Here we have nice option for you, which includes garlic, onion and spicy sausage, which makes the dish warming and comforting.
List of ingredients
• 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 3/4 lb. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
• 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
• 2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 small head escarole, chopped into 1- to 2-inch pieces, washed, and lightly dried
• 1 cup low-salt canned chicken broth
• 1-1/2 tsp. red-wine vinegar; more to taste
• Kosher salt
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Heat the oil in 5-6qt Dutch oven over medium heat
2. Add onion and cook for 5-6min, stir occasionally.
3. Add the sausage and cook for 5-6min over medium heat. Stir occasionally by breaking up sausage with wooden spoon.
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute and add beans.
5. Add escarole to the pot in batches, using tongs, toss with sausage mixture and make space for more.
6. When all the escarole is inside, add chicken broth, cover the pot and cook until beans are ready for 8 more minutes.
7. Season with vinegar and salt. When serving, sprinkle with some Parmigiano.