In the nineteenth century there were published many books on housekeeping. They immediately became incredibly popular, as each hostess considered them to be their personal «alphabet» and learned to comprehend culinary wisdom. Many recipes were used for festive events and this one was among it! — So meet the duck, which is stew with various roots.
The poultry cooked according to the famous old Russian recipe is worthy of our attention even now. So let’s cook and admire all its advantages!
What products to take
- 1 — duck;
- 2 tbsp. — flour;
- 80 g of butter;
- 1 cup of meat broth;
- 2 roots of parsley;
- 2 carrots;
- 1 celery root;
- to taste — spices;
Begin to cook
- Initially we have to gut the bird. Then it is necessary to wash the carcass under cold water. But, please, do it carefully!
- We cut the product into portions and season them to taste with various spices and salt.
- We warm the butter in a saucepan and mix it with flour.
- Fry the meat until it becomes brown, then pour the meat broth inside.
- After boiling, we place pieces of duck there, mix if it is necessary and add salt.
- Cover the future dish with a lid and stew for 20 minutes.
- We cut all listed roots into circles or strips and add them to the duck.
- Cook on low heat until meat is ready.
- If the broth boils out during the stewing, then add a little more.
- We put the pieces of meat onto a dish. And don’t forget about the roots, of course. Then it is necessary to pour everything with the gravy.
Such a duck is wonderful for boiled potatoes or rice. It is up to you to decide what side dish to choose. This dish is considered to be rather fast, but it is incredibly delicious! Let’s not to forget the old recipes!