We present you a unique recipe that will surpass all your expectations. In it you will try an amazing beef tenderloin with a crispy crust under a delicious mustard sauce. On the top it is covered with an amazing pastry and at the end wrapped in a delicious puff pastry.
In order to prepare this dish we have used a quick puff pastry. And the recipe for its preparation can be found on the site «Ideas for recipes.»
But in any case you should mind one important thing. — In this dish, we always use the middle part of the beef tenderloin. Otherwise, the dish will not be so tasty. You can’t replace it with anything.
List of required products:
- unleavened puff pastry — 0.3 kg
- beef — 0,9 kg;
- salt, pepper, garlic to taste;
- champignons — 0,5 kg;
- egg — 1 item;
- Dijon mustard — 1.5 tbsp;
- olive oil — 1 tbsp;
- ham (bacon) — 140 g;
Begin to cook
- First we’ll deal with the meat. It must be cleaned of veins and films. Then we take the frying pan and heat the olive oil in it. We put a piece of meat into it and quickly fry it from all sides. We do this in order to seal the meat juice inside it. Under these conditions our dish will be juicy.
- After we finish frying our beef, put it on a cutting board and cover it with mustard. We leave it for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Let’s cook mushroom pate. We pass the mushrooms through the meat grinder. Garlic is peeled and pressed into garlic presser. We put a frying pan on the fire. It is unnecessary to pour oil onto it! Fry mushrooms with garlic until the excess liquid evaporates from the pate. Then add thyme, mix carefully and leave to cool.
- After that, take the food film and roll it out on the table. We cut the ham into thin slices and put it with a dense layer on the film. Then make a second layer of ham from above. As a result you should obtain a dense ham surface.
- The ham layer is covered with a mushroom pate with a good homogeneous layer. Then we put beef tenderloin on top. Gently lifting the edge of the film, wrap the roll. We twist it to a tight roll and the edges are tightened tightly. The resulting sample is placed in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- At this time on the table we roll out a new piece of food film and roll out a layer of dough from above. We pull out the meatloaf from the freezer, free it from the film and put it on the dough. Again wrap the roll and close the edges of the film tightly. We remove the sample with the dough for 20 minutes into the freezer.
- Heat the oven up to 210 degrees. We take the sample and put it on the prepared baking sheet. We beat the egg yolk in a separate container and cover it with a roll. From above we make light cuts. Set our dish top bake for 30 minutes. In a required time we take the beef out and leave to cool for 15-20 minutes. This is necessary to ensure that the meat juice is evenly distributed inside the roll and the meat remains juicy.
This is everything! You can taste the delicious beef «Wellington».