We want to present to your attention a recipe of delicious meatballs, which are hearty, juicy and so flavored. They are prepared from minced beef and buckwheat porridge. This is a well-known dish of Ukrainian cuisine, called «Buckwheat cutlets».
The recipe for their preparation is quite simple. Appetizing cutlets will please all household members, especially children who do not like buckwheat porridge as well. Buckwheat cutlets are considered to be an independent dish, which is especially tasty with sour cream or tomato sauce.
List of required products
- 500 g of meat;
- 150 g of buckwheat porridge;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 onions;
- 200 grams of tomato sauce;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- flour for breading;
- vegetable oil for frying;
Begin to cook
- First of all, cook buckwheat in water with salt until cooked condition. After that it should be cooled.
- We are preparing the minced meat: we pass meat with 1 onion through a meat grinder. After that, whisk eggs, add salt and pepper to taste. After that mix everything thoroughly.
- We combine it with buckwheat and stir the future dish again.
- We create cutlets. We dip the cutlets in flour and send it to the heated frying pan with vegetable oil. Fry from all sides (until golden brown hint).
- We cut the second onion in half rings and place them on a heated frying pan with butter. Fry to transparent condition.
- Then we pour the tomato sauce there and heat it. In this process, you can add garlic and spices (optional).
- As soon as everything is stewed a little, put the juicy buckwheat cutlets into this container. Cover the pan with a lid and, on a small fire, bring it to the ready condition. The process will take about 20 minutes.
- When serving, pour the dish with the sauce and decorate with greens.