Cutlets are well-trimmed rib chops from which the upper (angled) bone has been removed.
- 6 lamb cutlets
- about 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon or 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp butter
- Trim all the fat from the cutlets, then brush with soya sauce and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Then pan-cook in a non-stick fry pan for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops.
- Remove from the pan, then add the lemon juice and tarragon (or mint), bring to the boil, stirring the sediment off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the honey, pepper and mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Swirl in the butter.
- Return the chops to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.