- 200 g mutton or beef
- ½ onion
- 1 tbsp oil or dripping
- ½ apple
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 250 ml stock / water
- A few drops lemon juice
- 1 dsp chutney or apricot jam
- 1 tsp black treacle
- 100g rice
[ads — pc 1]
[ads — mob -1]
1. Use the middle neck of mutton or beef steak. Wipe and cut into neat pieces removing fat and bones.
2. Chop onion and apple and sauté in oil until cooked and oil is absorbed.
3. Add curry powder and salt to onion and apple, cook for approximately 2 minutes.
4. Draw pan off heat and gradually add stock and lemon juice. Bring to the boil.
5. Add meat and leave to the simmer until cooked for 1 ½ — 2hours. When cooked add chutney and treacle and stir until well blended over heat.
6. Put rice to boil in salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
7. Serve curry on a hot ashier with a border of fluffy, boiled rice.