Tender pieces of Osso Bucco simmered in a beautiful rich tomato salsa with a hint of red wine, and served over creamy soft polenta.
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 carrots , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed (or 2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 4 Osso Bucco beef steaks
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 can condensed tomato soup (or pasta sauce or crushed tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Polenta prepared to package instructions
How To Prepare
Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onions, carrots and garlic. Cook until onion is transparent. Add the osso bucco steaks and brown on both sides.
Add tomato paste, wine, soup/pasta sauce or tomatoes, stock powder and water. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Cover pan with lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours until beef is tender. Sprinkle with salt (if needed) to suit your tastes.
Serve over prepared polenta and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.