A few years ago, my mother-in-law served delicious spicy creamed steak for dinner one night. The combination of flavors in the dish of steak, garlic, pepper, basil, ginger, cheese, and then the signature bite of dill pickles was amazing. Since then, creamed steak is one of the top recipes my husband requests I make for dinner.
It’s a simple meal to make, hearty and comforting.
Cooking time: 35minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds top round sirloin steak
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon parsley chopped + garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 large dill pickles minced
How To Prepare
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
Brown onion and mushrooms until tender.
Add steak strips and salt and cook until steak is cooked throughout, about 10 minutes.
Add all spices and combine.
Add all other ingredients and reduce heat to simmer and cover.
Simmer 10-15 minutes, until reduced.
Serve over egg noodles or rice.