In Asia, many different types of rolls are prepared: from wheat dough and from rice one. As a rule, it is fried in deep-fried and steamed. You can even eat it raw. Most often, deep-fried rolls are made from wheat dough, and the put stuffing is ready. These rolls are considered to be the Philippine ones. The raw filling makes them different.
Therefore, the edges of pancakes are not turned up. In fact they are left open in order to fry the filling better. The combination of minced meat with fat and eggs prevents the filling from falling out of the dough. Such rolls are prepared faster, but look more «rural» and homemade. If you want, you can add seasonings or vegetables to the filling for more juiciness. Just remember that vegetables (for example, sweet peppers or Chinese cabbage) should be cut as small as possible.
List of required products:
- 20-25 sheets of ready-made dough for spring rolls 20×20 cm;
- sweet and sour sauce for serving;
- freshly ground black pepper;
- 2 cm fresh ginger root;
- flakes of chili peppers;
- 1 kg of not too fatty pork minced meat;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tbsp. of light soy sauce;
- oil for deep-frying.
Begin to cook
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Cut the dough sheets in halves to make rectangles of 10×20 cm. Cover the dough with a damp towel so that it does not dry.
- Crush, peel and chop the garlic. Chop the ginger very finely. Lightly whisk eggs with soy sauce, add ginger and garlic, mix with minced meat. Season with black pepper and chili to taste.
- Place the piece of dough in a «vertical» position so that the short side faces you.
- Put on the short side 1 tsp. with a hill of minced meat about 1.5 cm from the edge and create a tight roll with open edges. The last 4 cm of dough before wrapping should be moistened with water. After that lay the roll on the seam.
- Preheat the oil for deep-frying 160 ° C. Gently and in small portions put the rolls into the oil and prepare until the brown crust appearance.
- Ready rolls are put onto the sieve, which is arranged over paper towels. In such a way you will get rid of excess oil. Serve your rolls hot, with sweet and sour sauce or sweet chili sauce