Today we are going to explain you how to cook a delicious stew, the taste of which can surprise everyone.
This is a veal stew with turnips and vegetables. By the way instead of turnip, you can use potatoes. But if you want to follow the ancient dish, mind that in olden times it was this vegetable that was popular and used for cooking a wide variety of meals. This stew comes out to be amazingly flavored!
What products to take
- 500 g — veal (brisket or loin);
- 2 turnips;
- 1 carrot;
- 200 g of green peas;
- 1 — head of cauliflower (small);
- 2 onions;
- 3 tbsp. — flour;
- 100 g — butter;
- 100 g of beans;
- 3 tbsp. red wine;
- 1 — celery;
- 2 cups — meat broth;
- to taste — a mixture of black and red peppers;
- a little vegetable oil.
Begin to cook
- We wash meat, cut into pieces, which are large enough.
- Into the baking dish pour a little vegetable oil, put the veal and season with salt. Put everything into the oven and bake at 170 degrees. Mind that the components should become brown.
- We take the meat, put it into a deep[ stewing pan or pot.
- Slice peeled vegetables (turnip, celery root and carrots), then blanch everything in salt water.
- Also, separately blanch in the salt water until ready beans, cauliflower and peas.
- We heat the vegetable oil in a pan, fry the onion until it becomes soft, add all the prepared vegetables, season with pepper, stew for 5 minutes, then add to the meat.
- We heat the butter, fry the flour, pour broth and wine. After that bring everything to a boil condition. Pour with it meat with vegetables.
- We put everything into the oven, stew at 180 degrees for 1 hour.
You can serve this stew by putting it on a large dish, or directly in a pot — as was customary in old cuisine. Enjoy!