Stewed chicken hearts are considered to be a tasty, satisfying and healthy dish with low calorie content. So these are the reasons, why we find it to be very good for everybody.
The stewing process allows you to save the maximum amount of vitamins, minerals and trace elements contained in the product. There are a lot of recipes for stewed chicken hearts, but we offer our favorite one. Hearts in cream, prepared with lots of onion are cooked very easily and quickly, but they turn out to be incredibly tender and tasty. The garlic flavor only adds some spice and peculiar features to the ready-made dish. All in all we are sure that this dish very quickly collects the whole family at the table.
List of required products:
- one kilogram of chicken hearts;
- 400 milliliters of cream with a fat content of at least 20%;
- 3 onions;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- a little vegetable oil — for roasting;
- salt and black ground pepper — to your own taste;
Begin to cook
- If it is necessary the hearts are defrosted in advance, thoroughly washed and cut along into two parts. If you are waiting for guests, cut the hearts with rings, so that everyone will have enough amount of them.
- The onions (we have large ones) are peeled from the husk, washed and cut into thin half-rings.
- We put the frying pan onto the stove, warm it well and pour there some sunflower oil without any smell.
- We send the onion into a frying pan with butter and fry until the content becomes transparent. Don’t forget to stir constantly.
- Into a frying pan with onions, put the prepared hearts, salt and pepper the dish to your taste, and mix everything carefully.
- Fry the hearts over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Periodically, everything should be mixed, in order not to let the onion to burn.
- Cut very finely the garlic, which has been peeled already.
- At the moment when the hearts release the liquid, we add garlic to them. Continue the frying until the moisture evaporates completely.
- After the moisture evaporates, and the hearts are slightly fried, we pour the cream to them.
- Everything is thoroughly mixed again. We stew the dish for 2-3 minutes and remove the frying pan from the fire.
- This dish is suitable for any side dish: mashed potatoes, rice, buckwheat or pasta salad.
If you like dishes, prepared from by-products, prepare two incredibly tasty salads from chicken stomachs.