The experienced cooks have been preparing meat rolls for a very long time. They are sure that once tried them, you will definitely fall in love with the first spoon.
Meat in the dough turns out to be very delicate, to taste the dish resembles Russian dumplings. Stewed in flavored sauce rolls are unusually tasty and mouth-watering. And one more important plus: the time for cooking is much less than for dumpling cooking.
List of requested products:
- 400 grams of any stuffing;
- 2 heads of onions for sauce + 2 onions for minced meat;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- one large carrot;
- a large Bulgarian paprika;
- 3-4 tomatoes (better to take sour sorts);
- two tablespoons of tomato paste (lecho or sauce);
- one chicken fresh egg (for dough);
- wheat flour (for dough);
- 100 grams of boiled water (for dough);
- vegetable oil for frying vegetables;
- greens of dill or parsley;
- salt, black ground pepper, spices — to taste.
Begin to cook
- First of all we knead the dough (as for dumplings): we sift the flour, make a hole, beat one egg and pour 100 grams of water and salt.
- The dough is kneaded, rounded and put into a bag. We must give it time to lie down.
- Into the minced meat (usually the chicken one is taken, as it is lighter, but you can use any you like), add 2 heads of chopped onions: it can be passed through a meat grinder, grated or cut very finely with a knife. Salt and pepper to taste, carefully mix.
- We cook the vegetables for the sauce. Two heads of onions are cleaned, peeled and cut into thin half rings or quarter rings.
- Carrots (if you have small root vegetables, take 2 pieces) are rubbed on a large grater, after cleaning and washing.
- Bulgarian sweet pepper is cut in halves. Don’t forget to remove seeds and stem and after that cut them into thin semicircles.
- Tomatoes are washed, cut into small cubes (you can peel off the skin, but usually people do not).
- We pour vegetable oil into a pot or a deep large frying pan, warm it up and lay out all the prepared vegetables there.
- Stew the vegetables to the softness of all the vegetables, then add finely chopped garlic (its amount can be adjusted to taste, but as a rule, the more you take, the tastier your dish will be). Also add tomato paste (sauce or lecho) to taste, season with your favorite spices and salt to taste.
- While the vegetables are stewed, we form rolls. The dough is divided into parts and flat cakes (as thin as possible) are rolled. They should be slightly larger than for the mantles.
- Onto each cake we put out the stuffing, spread it all over the surface and roll the rolls.
- Carefully stick all the edges so that the rolls do not open.
- We put rolls on stewed vegetables, pour hot boiled water: it should cover them and be higher by about 1 centimeter.
- After boiling, try the sauce for taste, if necessary add salt and spices. On low heat, stew until they are done. Usually it takes 20 minutes.
- When serving, lay the roll on a plate, pour the sauce and sprinkle with fresh herbs (to your taste).