Use this baked macaroni and cheese and dress it your way. A perfect classic as it is, you can add bacon, veggies or your favorite cheeses.
- 165g Goat Milk Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- 2 ¼ cups Dairy Goat Cheddar and Goat Mozzarella cheeses, shredded
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 ½ cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 lb favourite pasta
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk, warmed
- 1/4 tsp each of mustard powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta until al-dente, and drain well.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a medium skillet. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Toss Ritz crackers in, and coat with garlic butter.
- In the same pot you boiled the pasta, melt the remaining 4 tbsp butter over medium heat. Creating a roué, whisk in flour. Reduce the heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring once to avoid burning.
- Gradually whisk in milk and increase the heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, whisk frequently for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in all of the Woolwich Dairy goat cheeses, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, making the best cheese sauce you’ve ever tasted! Stir until cheese is melted and the sauce is ooey-gooey.
- Stir in the pasta and transfer to baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with the toasted cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for five minutes before serving.