- 450 g whole wheat spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 50 g mushrooms , sliced
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- bunch of water cress, chopped
- 300 ml soured cream
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- Cook thee onion and grlic in the oil until transparent .
- Add the mushrooms and walnuts and cook for a further few minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat , stir in the watercress, soured cream and seasoning .
- Reheat very gently — do not allow the sauce to boil or the cream will curdle.
- Drain the spaghetti and place on a serving dish.
- Pour the sauce over and serve immediately.