Boiled rice seems to be cooked by everybody from north to south and from east to west. It is rather substantial and can be used as a complete second dish. You can serve pork, chicken, lamb or beef to it. Vegetarians can take it with vegetables or some light sauces.
List of required products:
- water — 2.5 cups;
- long grain rice — 2 cups;
- water — 1 glass;
- medium onion — 1 item;
- vegetable oil — 1 tbsp;
- sugar — 1 tsp;
- rice vinegar — 1 tsp.;
- salt — 1 tbsp;
- medium spicy pepper — 2 items;
Begin to cook
- Rice has to be put into a colander and rinsed thoroughly under cold running water. Dry it inside a colander.
- Put the rice into a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour inside some water, put on a strong fire and bring to a boiling condition, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook under the lid for 20 minutes. Do not pour the rice. All the necessary tastes it will receive from those dishes with which it is served.
- Remove the rice from heat, open the lid to leave the steam. Immediately close it and leave the rice for 10 minutes.
- Unflavored rice can be served with a spicy and hot dressing. To do this, wash the peppers, peel them and cut them into thin semicircles. Boil water, add peppers, press them with the help of a smaller than the saucepan diameter lid to the bottom and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Beat the peppers together with the broth in the blender, adding salt and sugar.
- Onion is peeled, ground and fried in warmed vegetable oil. As a rule, for this purpose you will need for about 2 minutes. Add the puree of pepper into the pan, mix and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, pour the vinegar inside.
- Gently stir the rice with a wooden spoon, spread on bowls and serve with a hot dressing.