A creamy oatmeal made from hot chocolate. Oh, but not just any hot chocolate. I’m talking Nutella Hot Chocolate. Yep. I did.
- 4 cups low fat/skim or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutella, a chocolate hazelnut spread (or any healthier hazelnut cacao spread)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener of choice/raw sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1 tablespoon light butter (optional — butter ads a beautiful flavour to this oatmeal, but you can use coconut oil for a healthier option, or leave it out completely.)
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Extra Nutella
How To Prepare
Combine milk, Nutella, cocoa powder, sweetener/sugar and oats in a medium sized saucepan on medium — high heat until beginning to warm and steam. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer and continue to stir occasionally. Once oats have fully absorbed the milk, take off heat. Add e=a little extra milk if oatmeal is too thick, until reaching your desired consistency,
Serve with your desired toppings.