As soon as it comes to cooking meat and rice, the name of this dish immediately comes to mind. This is pilaf. The matter is that this long-standing Asian food has gained immense popularity all over the world thanks to an incredibly harmonious combination of its ingredients.
And how can you not love this delicious dish, which just makes you crazy with its scents? But it’s not just the spices and the choice of the right meat. Of great importance is the algorithm for the preparation of tasty pilaf.
List of required products
- 1 chicken weighing 1.5 kg
- 600 g of rice;
- 5 average carrots;
- 2 medium onions;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 1 pod of hot pepper;
- 1 tsp. seed of zira;
- 150 ml of olive oil;
Begin to cook
- Prepare all the ingredients. Rinse rice in cold water, put it into a bowl and pour with 2 liters of cold water. Leave until the remaining ingredients are prepared. Chop the chicken into portions. Peel the onion and cut into thin half rings. Carrots are cleaned and peeled. After that it is necessary to cut them into long straws. Peel the garlic head from the upper husk and roots.
- Preheat the olive oil in a cauldron on high fire. Add the onions and fry for 7-10 minutes, stirring until it turns to be of light brown hint. Put pieces of chicken and fry together 10 minutes more, until it becomes crusty. Then put the carrots, sprinkle with zira and fry another 10 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the cauldron and salt everything well. Bring to a boiling condition and cook over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Put a green pepper pod and a garlic head into it.
- Throw the rice into a colander, let the water drain.Then put the rice into the cauldron and neatly level everything with the help of the skimmer.
- Pour approximately 850 ml of boiling water (water should be above the rice level by 2 cm). Quickly bring the dish to a boiling condition on the high fire and cook for 7-10 minutes until the water completely disappears from the surface of the rice.
- Cover the cauldron with a lid, reduce the heat to a weak position and cook for another 30 minutes.
- The prepared pilaf should be gently loosen. After that take out the garlic and hot pepper and set them aside. Place the rice on the dish, spread the chicken pieces on top. Decorate the dish with garlic and hot pepper.