Risotto is one of the most popular dishes of the Italian cuisine. We are going to prepare a rice dish with the addition of various ingredients. The risotto recipe is quite simple. What about organizing an Italian evening at home?
Today you will learn how to cook risotto with seafood. By the way this dish was mentioned in the culinary book, dating back to the 19th century.
What products to take
- 3 tbsp. olive oil;
- 400 grams — Arborio rice;
- 1 item — chili peppers;
- 2 items — shallots;
- 1 bunch — parsley;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 bunch — basil;
- 300 grams — squids;
- 300 g — peeled tomatoes;
- 300 g — mussels;
- 100 ml — dry white wine;
- 500 g of peeled shrimps;
- to taste — ground pepper and salt.
Begin to cook
- We wash the mussels in cold water, squid should be cleaned of all the films and cut into large enough pieces.
- We heat up the olive oil in the saucepan.
- Fry whole garlic cloves, chopped shallots, chili and all prepared seafood.
- After five minutes, add the dry rice and mix everything carefully.
- We pour inside some wine, stew the dish on the fire until the wine evaporates completely.
- Then add crushed tomatoes and bring everything to a boiling condition.
- We take mussels, shrimps and squids out.
- Rice with vegetables is cooked on low heat for 15 minutes. Don’t forget to add some hot water.
- At the end of cooking, salt and pepper the dish.
- Add the shredded greens, mix, cover and turn the fire off.
- Rice with vegetables should be arranged on the dish and put the seafood on the top.
Risotto turns out to be delicious. This manner of its preparation is typical for Italy. Enjoy its taste and invite some friends for Italian party!